duminică, 1 martie 2009

The final print.

Snakes 1969 woodcut - by MC Escher (1898 - 1972)

and the sketches for it ...

”Tell us, master, what is art?”
“Do you want the philosopher’s answer? Or are you seeking the opinion of those wealthy folk who decorate their rooms with my pictures? Or again, do you want to know what the bleating herd think of it, as they praise or denigrate my work in speech or written word?”
“No, master – what is your own answer?”
After a few moments Apollonius declared, “If I see, or hear, or feel anything that another man has done or made, if in this track that he has left I can perceive a person, his understanding, his desires, his longings, his struggles – that, to me, is art.”
I.Gall., Theories of Art.

4 comentarii:

Anonim spunea...

seropuire si arta la greu:))

Anonim spunea...

... şerpuim, şerpuim... mai greu cu arta :P

joaquin carvel spunea...

that is a fantastic bit of genius.

escher, on the other hand - is just terrifying. in the best possible way.

Kadri Luik spunea...

I love Escher. =) And I do agree with the quote too.